    Re: iSCSI padding should be 0

    Is the software padding more expensive than checking if there is a CRC (or
    any other digest)?
    On the other hand CRCs don't require the bytes to be 0 they can be
    arbitrary values.
    The 0 was brought in to avoid "leakage" (security) by somebody on the list.
    We can choose to revert to arbitrary and leave the burden of cleaning to
    the applications for which security is a concern.

    Julo

    "Eddy Quicksall" <ESQuicksall@hotmail.com> on 27-07-2001 22:05:59

    Please respond to "Eddy Quicksall" <ESQuicksall@hotmail.com>