    iSCSI: ImmediateData

    [ Attached is an exchange with Julian mid-last week. ]

    Julian,

    I once again recommend that the default for ImmediateData
    be "no".  I would argue that the most simple case should be
    enabled by default - just what we did for InitialR2T -
    not the one that demands more memory for unsolicited
    immediate data.

    Comments?
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Network Storage Solutions Organization
    MS 5668	Hewlett-Packard, Roseville.
    cbm@rose.hp.com

    - I realized (during plugfest) that ImmdiateData's default is
      "yes".  I recommend making it "no", keeping simple-minded targets
      in view.  This issue is more serious if those simple targets
      do not do a lot of text negotiation, when they will be stuck
      with having to support a DataPDULength worth of immediate data.
      This is also in contrary to the conservative spirit of the default
      for InitialR2T (whose default is "yes").

      Please feel free to take it to ips if you think it's a change that
      warrants comments from a  wider audience.

    +++ I did not hear any comment from the plugfest on this.
    The rational behind it is that simple software implementions benefit the
    most out of it
    and the default buffer is small ++