    Re: iSCSI Plugfest at UNH (misc issues)

    Hi Julian,

    Some additional items from the plugfest to resolve..

    1) Sec 2.3.1 : Untagged tasks.
       If the task attribute in the SCSI Command is "untagged"
       then the initiator task tag should be ignored, correct ?
       Can the draft explicitly state that the initiator must
       set the Initiator Task Tag to 0x'ffffffff if its an
       untagged task.

       Do we assume that the initiator ULP will not issue more than
       one untagged tasks simultaneously ?

    2) ExpCmdSN
       What are the semantics of something like this.. the
       target does not increase the expCmdSN but keeps sending
       the status (SCSI response) for commands after the expCmdSN ?
       Clearly, the target has received and executed the commands
       (in cmdSN order).

       Hence, the expCmdSN in a SCSI response must not be less
       than the cmdSN of the original command (for which response
       is being received).

       This seems like a valid property which could be mandated
       and checked, to allow efficient initiator implementations.
       The target eventually suffers but the standard could
       prevent such targets from being deployed :-)

    3) Sending status in read PDU
       Since quite a few initiators did not support this,
       this feature had to be enabled or disabled frequently at
       the target.

       Either we should make it mandatory to implement (at initiator)
       or we should add a key "SendStatusInReadPDU=yes/no".  The first
       option seems simpler.

    thanks
    -Sandeep