    Re: iSCSI Naming: iqn format specification

    Every one can be their own authority with out have to work with some super
    entity to get a simple number that is unique when combined with the reverse
    DNS.  Dates are ideal for that.  Simple, straight forward and really no
    problem.

    I vote for Date qualifications instead of Enterprise numbers.  Perhaps a
    DDDYY or DDDYYY type format.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    Mark Bakke <mbakke@cisco.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 07/18/2001 01:31:20 PM

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu