    RE: iSCSI: Wrapping up SendTargets

    Folks,

    Marj asks:  How do you distinguish the two cases (of reporting on stuff in
    the same box and stuff in other boxes)?

    I'd add: how do you test compliance?

    I think the standard should define the protocol, describe what it is
    intended to be used for (report about targets "in the same box"), and, if
    necessary, add SHOULD NOTs to discourage use as a more general
    environment-wide discovery mechanism.

    Jim Hafner

    "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <marjorie_krueger@hp.com>@ece.cmu.edu
    on 06/27/2001 10:18:53 am