    Re: profiles - a way to simplify iSCSI

    Scott,

    I assumed (rightfully) that we are talking about "different profiles".
    What I had in mind was more of a "set of levels".

    Level 0 - only mandatory feature.
    Level 1 = Level 0 + all the optional

    A profile 0 device will talk to any device as if is a profile 0 (not using
    any optionals).
    A profile 1 can talk using profile 1 features only to a profile 1 but it
    can talk also to a profile 0
    by avoiding all the optionals.

    The gain is in simplifying testing and predicting feature interaction (at
    the cost of flexibility).

    Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu> on 27-06-2001 13:51:44

    Please respond to Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu>