    RE: profiles - a way to simplify iSCSI

    And share a common infrastructure (including common adapters) with
    all other data center apps such as NAS, http etc.

    > Mutliple
    > connections per session is there to take advantage of the 10GBE
    > link with the
    > shortcomings of TCP,

    How? By skipping around the congestion control algorithms? What
    about the other flows in the network?

    > and markers are there to eliminate the cost of memory
    > subsystems required to buffer out of order TCP frames.

    Framing has other benefit but not having a fast memory
    system cannot be avoided (especially if the inrastructure
    is to be common.) Also markers and CRCs do not mix well
    together.

    > Eliminate
    > these, and
    > you've you'll capitulate to Fibre Channel for anything but slow storage
    > connects.

    I don't think so. The pull of a common infrastructure will
    be too strong. And in case you have not looked lately,
    memory is getting fast enough and cheap enough. The GigaHz
    PCs are driving this.

    Somesh