    Re: profiles - a way to simplify iSCSI

    Just noticed that we did not include descriptions for the
    columns in the spreadsheet.  Here they are:

    1st column - Section number of an internet-draft version
    of this spreadsheet, which we will generate if needed.

    2nd column - Category; we divided up the different features
    into some categories that made sense to us.  The first set
    is common to all iSCSI implementations; the second and third
    are for those features that apply just to targets or initiators.

    3rd column - Feature; short description of each feature.

    4th column - Reference; a reference to the section number of the
    iSCSI document that best describes the feature and its status.

    5th column - Status.

       M = Mandatory
       O = Optional
       R = Recommended (we have none of these now)
       X = Prohibited (we have none of these, either)

       If numbers appear after the status, e.g. M:4.5, it means that
       the feature is mandatory if the feature numbered 4.5 is
       implemented.  I just noticed that some of our numbers had changed,
       so a few of these might still be typos.

    6th column - Value.  This is used if the feature is more than just
    a check box; for instance, if an implementation supports "Data Digest - Other",
    it is used to indicate some reference to what "other" means.

    Hope this helps,

    Mark

    --
    Mark A. Bakke