    London meeting logistics

    I've had several requests for information on the August
    meetings of the IPS WG in London.  This will be during
    the IETF meeting week, August 6-10. The meeting will be
    limited to iSCSI and related topics.  Fibre Channel-related
    topics, including FCIP and iFCP will be taken up in a
    separate interim meeting (possibly later in August)
    because the London IETF meeting week conflicts with
    the T11 meeting week.

    Five hours (two 2.5 hour sessions) of meeting
    time has been requested on the assumption that we
    can almost certainly use it, but we may end up
    with less due to not being able to take up the
    Fibre Channel portion of our work and the expected
    heavy demand for meeting time.

    At this point, no meeting schedule for London is available,
    and when one appears - please DO NOT take it seriously!!
    Draft schedules for IETF meetings are remarkably fluid
    documents - meeting times and dates can and do change as
    late as two weeks prior to the meeting week, as I've learned
    the hard way ;-).

    The overall structure of the London IETF week should be similar
    to Minneapolis (http://www.ietf.org/meetings/agenda_50.html)
    - orientation talks and reception on Sunday, WG meetings
    all day Monday-Thursday, plus Monday evening and Friday
    morning.  Tuesday and Wednesday evenings are set aside
    for the social event and plenary sessions.  Of course,
    the dates/times of the various WG meetings in London will
    be completely different from those in Minneapolis.

    One important difference from T10 and T11 meetings is that
    there's a separate registration fee - $450 in advance,
    $600 onsite.  One fee covers as many WG meetings as one
    wants to go to.  Since that fee pays for the meeting space,
    the hotel room block(s) are provided as a courtesy - unlike
    T10 and T11, there's no ethical duty to stay in a room
    block associated with the IETF meeting in order to help
    pay for the meeting space.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500