    RE: Common Encapsulation: CRC at beginning of frame?

    Gee, how many qualitative, subjective, and implementation-specific statements in this thread!
    Fore one, Bob's notion of "simplifying", "very efficient", and (implicitly) superior resiliency still fail to convince me, until I read the outcome of the action item that Bob took from the Nashua meeting, and which I hope will be addressed in formal terms:

    Section 8.1 - Bob Snbively wants to add ability to do data-based resync
    -> Action: Bob will write the text to explain how to do this for serious
    review. Will also rewrite the text to distinguish use of another
    framing mechanism vs. the data scan. Resync should be optional, and
    data scan must not be capable of misinterpreting what appears to
    be a Fibre Channel frame in an FCIP data payload as an actual frame.

    -franco