    Re: iSCSI:Text field in Asynchronous Message

    Kaladhar,

    > Will there ever be a need for a Target to send an asynchronous Text message
    > to the initiators (for potential performance optimizations)?

    	So far in my opinion/understanding, the Initiator part is considered
    	to be the master and target responds to it to complete the
    	master's request.

    	But now you want the otherway in
    	some conditions, i am wondering what those conditions are so that
    	we can make a call.

    > According to the current iSCSI specification, the initiators can send Text
    > messages to the target.
    > Moreover, the initiators can send vendor specific X- key/values to the
    > target.
    >
    > Now, why can't the targets also have the ability to send X-key/value pairs
    > to the initiators via Asynch messages?
    > I would like input from people as to whether this feature will be useful.

    	Assuming that you get this mechanism so that target can send the
    	X-Key/value pair.

    	If any action need to be taken on such X-Key/value pair that means
    	Initiator should have known about the X-Key or such a vendor
    	specific X-key should better be a well advertised one  between
    	the initiator implementation and target implementation.
    	So, in my opinion, if the Intiator/Target knows about such a vendor
    	unique X-Key, then why can't the Initiator implementation itself
    	start negotiation for it with the assumption that  the target
    	knows about it, if it not known anyway it could be rejected based
    	on the current specification definition of "none" and "reject" values.

    	I am not able to get the point where it will be very much usefull.
    	Please help me if am mistaken.

    Thanks
    sureshtk