    RE: iSCSI: Wrapping up SendTargets

    I support Mark's proposal and comments.  I'd like to add something to Jim's.

    > As for the general question of SendTargets, here's my opinion:
    >
    > 1) I see no problem with SendTargets in the near term, it can be made
    > obsolete in rev2 if that's the concensus at that time.

    It doesn't seem like a good idea to consider obsoleting something
    in the spec at this point.  If SendTargets stays-in and it gets
    used (which I believe it will), it will need to continue to be
    supported - unless you don't expect rev2 iSCSI targets to talk
    with rev1 iSCSI initiators.

    So for rev2, rather than simply considering obsolescence at this point,
    we should consider adding additional functionality to SendTargets as
    well.  Perhaps SLP is the right place for major new functionality,
    but we shouldn't rule out updates to SendTargets, especially if
    ReportPortalGroups must stay around.

    Paul

    + Paul Congdon             + Email: paul_congdon@hp.com +
    + Hewlett Packard Company  + Mail Stop:  5662           +
    + HP ProCurve Networking   + Phone:  (916) 785-5753     +
    + 8000 Foothills Blvd      + Fax:    (916) 785-5949     +
    + Roseville, CA   95747    + Mobile: (916) 765-4056     +