    Re: iSCSI: Send Targets and Report Portal Groups

    Some comments -

    - I think SendTargets is a useful functionality and should find
      place in the main draft.  It is a discovery mechanism to find the
      multiple iSCSI targets behind one iSCSI address, just as the
      REPORT LUNS which finds the multiple LUs behind one SCSI target.
      Former is an iSCSI-ism with an iSCSI solution, the second is a
      SCSI-ism with a SCSI solution.

    - I fail to see why SendTargets should be placed in an annex, when
      it is not informative.  I see this as no different from other areas
      like error recovery where we are hopeful of future simplifications,
      which  we certainly are not placing in annexes today.

    - I agree with Paul that "Report Portal Groups" is nice but something
      that doesn't seem like a requirement, particularly if aggregation tags
      are supported by SendTargets.

    - I share the concern about feature creep in SendTargets.  For
      example, the TargetAlias feature seems more like a management
      issue to me which I feel should be dropped.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture