    RE: Common Encapsulation: Stale Frame Detection in an IP fabric

    Something like that.  If the two endpoints can
    agree on a common timebase and control their
    relative drift, that's good enough to detect
    stale FC frames even if the timebase doesn't correspond
    to a wall clock.  I'm wondering about situations
    in which an FCIP box is deployed into a situation
    where there isn't a good SNTP source available.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500