    RE: iSCSI: multiple intiaitor conflicting with target

    This is a general SCSI issue, not just an iSCSI issue.

    If you're sharing a target but not a logical unit, then your only concern is
    TARGET RESET.  Access Controls (see T10/99-245r9 and other documents on
    http://www.t10.org) helps with this level of sharing.  If multiple
    initiators try to use the same iSCSI Name you'll create extra trouble at the
    iSCSI level, but that's not supposed to happen.

    If you're sharing a logical unit, you need to use tools like reservations
    (see SPC-2), persistent reservations (see SPC-2), device locks/memory export
    commands (see T10/00-312), and/or back-channel clustering coordination
    algorithms (Veritas Clustering, Microsoft Clustering, VMS Clustering, etc).

    ---
    Rob Elliott, Compaq Server Storage
    Robert.Elliott@compaq.com