    RE: iSCSI - opcodes

    The new codes are in the 07 draft.   Although I've put back the bit that
    shows direction I seriously doubt that
    it's original purpose (to make life easier for analyzers) is as relevant as
    it was.

    Julo

    "Martin, Nick" <Nick.Martin@compaq.com> on 01-05-2001 01:48:00

    Please respond to "Martin, Nick" <Nick.Martin@compaq.com>

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc:
    Subject:  RE: iSCSI - opcodes

    Julian,

    I was not among the incensed.  I would say puzzled.  Although the bit may
    not be not critical to initiators or targets who presumably know what they
    are, it is handy at least for network analyzer displays.

    Since it now still consumes a bit, I would have made it the MSB of the
    Opcode field as in previous drafts (currently bit 5 or 0x20).  However I
    can
    cope with your selection ((Opcode & 0x3e)>>1) :).

    The 2F reject instead of 3F (or 1f) for reject was another puzzler.
    Presumably you wanted a fence between unused reserved opcodes and vendor
    specific codes.

    Thanks,
    Nick Martin