    RE: iSCSI boot

    David,

    If there already is a means of discovering either LDAP or SLP in conjunction
    with DCHP together will some security features defined within the PXE
    specification, then adding iSCSI specific information is not really
    required.  If you assume there is security present within LDAP and there is
    a defined schema, the ability to retrieve information related to things like
    ISID, Initiator Name, Target Name, mount point, etc can be made available
    through those standard services with security providing the initial filter.
    LDAP can store state as it is commonly used to keep password counts and the
    like. It is not a direct property of LDAP, but a well structured schema
    should make this task easier.  I know that I will hear, "Send in the Draft"
    but until there is consensus as to what is needed and how it is to be used,
    it would be a likely futile venture.

    Doug