    Re: Asynchronous Message: Session Termination

    The Async Message "target will drop all connections" should be described
    to imply that the session is logged out and all outstanding I/Os are
    going to be aborted at the target. This allows this feature to be used
    by targets to drive session recovery.

    Mark Bakke wrote:

    > Actually, I had originally requested this, to allow a target to say
    > "I'm shutting down / failing over in X seconds; and will be back again
    > in Y seconds, so don't bother connecting until then".  With this
    > behavior, the description should read:
    >
    >       4    Target indicates it will/has dropped all connections - the
    >       Parameter2 field indicates, in seconds, the time until all
    >       connections will be terminated (or zero if immediately), and
    >       Parameter3 the maximum time the initiator should wait before

    Did you intend to mean "the minimum time the initiator should wait"... ?

    The min time before retrying login adds value to the initiator rather
    than the max time before retrying login in this case. In the case where
    "target will drop all connections" was used, the max time really holds
    no relevance, since the session has been logged out.

    Hence, I like Mark's definition on this which provides the initiator
    with time when session will be logged out and time to wait before
    attempting to retry session login.

    >       attempting to establish a new session.
    >
    > If everyone agrees with this, I would rather have the above description.
    >
    > --
    > Mark
    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088