    From: Mark Bakke [mailto:mbakke@cisco.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 4:17 PM
    To: BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: Asynchronous Message: Session Termination

    Matthew-

    The intent of these was not to connect and re-establish the same
    session after a set amount of time; it was to inform the initiator
    not to try to establish a new session until the time passes, which
    is I think what you want.  Perhaps changing the description of
    #4 from:

          4    Target indicates it will/has dropped all connections - the
          Parameter2 field indicates, in seconds, the minimum time to
          reconnect and Parameter3 the maximum time to reconnect.

    to:

          4    Target indicates it will/has dropped all connections - the
          Parameter2 field indicates, in seconds, the minimum time to
          wait to establish a new session and Parameter3 the maximum
          time to wait to establish a new session.

    Actually, I had originally requested this, to allow a target to say
    "I'm shutting down / failing over in X seconds; and will be back again
    in Y seconds, so don't bother connecting until then".  With this
    behavior, the description should read:

          4    Target indicates it will/has dropped all connections - the
          Parameter2 field indicates, in seconds, the time until all
          connections will be terminated (or zero if immediately), and
          Parameter3 the maximum time the initiator should wait before
          attempting to establish a new session.

    If everyone agrees with this, I would rather have the above description.

    --
    Mark

    --
    Mark A. Bakke