    RE: TCP Framing (considered helpful?)

    	I whole heartedly agree on not mandating TCP framing for
    all the reasons already posted. Having worked in the kernel
    team for an OSV for 8 years I can tell you there is a lot of
    inertia attached to pushing an OS out of the door. Those
    projects are planned a long way ahead of the ship date and
    putting things in late rarely, if ever, happens. Also, they
    are never shipped when they are ready, there are a couple of
    windows in the year and that's it. I've seen finished
    product sit on the shelf for months waiting for the
    non-engineering folks to decide it's time to ship. So, in
    summary, even if the OSVs we all care about have TCP framing
    done and dusted now, I think it could easily be a year or
    more before those stacks hit the streets. Too long in my
    opinion.

    	However, since it looks like TCP framing is going to happen
    why don't we try and future proof ourselves and allow its
    use to be negotiated? Both sides of the iSCSI session will
    know if they have TCP framing or not so how about adding a
    TCP parameter to the FMarker text key. As has been suggested
    before we can mandate support for markers but allow their
    use to be optional.

    	Something like ....

    	FMarker=<tcp|send|receive|send-receive|no>

    	This should allow a session to use TCP markers if they are
    available and markers if not.

    	- Rod