    Re: iSCSI: Canonical Targets

    Stephen Bailey wrote:

    > Mark,
    >
    > I don't disagree with the general thrust of your statement, but I must
    > argue with:
    >
    > > Even in an environment without proxies and gateways, any
    > > medium-sized disk array should be able to support more than one

    I did say "should".  OK, perhaps I'm engaging in a little bit of
    wishful thinking, but it seems to me that most people would rather
    deal with a set of logical targets, each created for use by a host
    or application, rather than a single target with different LUN maps
    depending on who's asking.  I know we'll have to support the latter
    as well.

    Anyway, I agree that bridges will always need to take up the
    slack, but my point was that I didn't want to see initiators
    make the assumption that there is only one target for them at
    each address.  I just don't want to see us do a repeat of some
    of the limitations of ||SCSI and FC.

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems