    Re: iSCSI: multiple sessions b/n a pair of WWUIs.

    John,

    John Hufferd wrote:

    > Pierre,
    > You are correct when you create a second session from the same (i)SCSI
    > Initiator Device (iSCSI Initiator Node) using a different ISID, it becomes
    > another (i)SCSI Initiator Delivery PORT (I took some freedom and preceded
    > the SCSI PORT with an "i". to denote that it is used with iSCSI, no
    > significant in the name it is still a SCSI Delivery Port (SDP), and in this
    > case a SCSI Initiator Delivery Port or SIDP or (i)SIDP or .......
    >
    > There should have  been nothing in my note that tied the (i)SCSI Initiator
    > Delivery Port to any HW.  (It can be, but that was not what I was
    > addressing.)

    OK

    > As soon as the second session is started, to the same Target Device (but
    > with a different ISID), you now have new (i)SCSI Initiator Delivery Port
    > and an issue of determining how you handle the delivery of commands, in
    > what kind of order, etc.  since the same LUs can be address across the
    > different sessions.  This is where the complications of Wedge Drivers
    > (active and passive) come into effect.

    It can be too, a configuration where each of the 2 (for ex) sessions access
    a separate subset of luns of the target. In this case the ordering is not
    violated
    and some implementations/applications (can be something else than wedge
    driver) could make benefit from that.
    It's a legal configuration that the spec must allow.

    Regards,

    Pierre