    Re: iSCSI: multiple sessions b/n a pair of WWUIs.

    John,

    By the name-disc definition, an iSCSI initiator or target port is a
    logical entity that constitutes the end points of a session.

    Hence, there never can be 2 sessions b/n the *same* 2  initiator &
    target port. Each session established spawns a *new* initiator and
    target iSCSI port.

    Going by the above semantics, there is always only 1 ISID/TSID per iSCSI
    Initiator/Target port.

    Hence, I'm unable to understand your statements below.

    As for the uniqueness of ISID across all initiators, is there any reason
    not to allow implementations to do that ? I would have thought that is
    the most typical use of an ISID and also allows initiators to lookup
    their target structures based on ISID.

    Regards,
    Santosh

    John Hufferd wrote:

    > Also, since a second session by the same iSCSI Initiator Port, to the same
    > iSCSI Target Port is not, in my opinion "legal", it is not clear to me that
    > any given iSCSI Port needs any more then one ISID.  I
    >
    > Therefore, I suggest that we Not put any such notes, like you suggest, in
    > the draft, but in fact encourage a single ISID/TSID per iSCSI
    > Initiator/Target Port.

    > To:   Jim Hafner/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS, marjorie_krueger@hp.com
    > cc:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    > Subject:  RE: iSCSI: multiple sessions b/n a pair of WWUIs.
    >
    > While Jim's correct ... in Marj's defense, what
    > she wrote is a fairly obvious way to implement
    > it, and that might be worth noting in the draft.
    >
    > --David
    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088