    RE: iSCSI: multiple sessions b/n a pair of WWUIs.

    Jim,

    It does seem reasonable to expect the Initiator to maintain a database of
    ISIDs within its own domain that may cross-reference to Targets on which it
    holds reservations.  This cross-reference will likely map into OS dependent
    views as well.  A simple means to ensure ISID is unique for any Target is to
    ensure an Initiator ISID is unique for all Targets.  It would become a
    tangled mess to allow replicate ISIDs for different Targets as now a
    database must sort on ISID+Target Label.  There is no assurance that TSID
    will be reissued from what I can tell.  It seems rather messy to change the
    sort from ISID, to ISID+Target Label.  Do you see this added restriction of
    ALL instead of ANY as a limitation?  I can see how in practice this prevents
    many problems and is a good rule if not a guideline.

    Doug