    RE: iscsi: comments to iSCSI rev 6

    > Matt,
    >
    > > The result may mean the same, but for diagnostic purposes,
    > the only thing you
    > > know is you can't do it.  You don't know why.  If you know
    > why, then perhaps
    > > you can take corrective action to remedy the problem.
    >
    > To help with this issue, I would prefer key=none be required
    > to sent, if applicable. That would leave a non response to
    > mean only not supported.
    >
    > Steve Senum

    This really doesn't seem that hard or worth spending much argument
    power on.  The advantage of specifying something rather than simply
    not responding is for diagnostic purposes and clarity.  You can tell
    by looking only at the response PDU what isn't supported or not
    understood.  You don't have to keep around the original request to
    perform a 'diff' to understand why things are negotiating.

    I agree with Matt.

    Paul

    + Paul Congdon             + Email: paul_congdon@hp.com +
    + Hewlett Packard Company  + Mail Stop:  5662           +
    + HP ProCurve Networking   + Phone:  (916) 785-5753     +
    + 8000 Foothills Blvd      + Fax:    (916) 785-5949     +
    + Roseville, CA   95747    + Mobile: (916) 765-4056     +