    Re: iSCSI: Nailing down CRC-32C

    The CRC part of the appendix (for 07) reads:

       The following table lists cyclic integrity checksums that can be
       negotiated for the digests and MUST be implemented by every iSCSI
       initiator and target. Note that these digest options have only error
       detection significance.

       | Name          | Description                 |
       | crc-32C       | 32 bit CRC      | 11EDC6F41 |
       | none          | no digest                   |

       The generator polynomials for those digests are given in hex-notation,
       for example 3a stands for 0011 1010 - the polynomial x**5+X**4+x**3+x+1.

       The generator polynomial selected is evaluated in [Castagnioli93].
       When using the CRC the CRC register must be initialized to all 1s
       (0xFFFFFFFF) and the CRC bits must be complemented before transmission.
       Padding bytes, when presents in a segment covered by a CRC, have to be
       set to 0 and are included in the CRC.

    Mark Bakke <mbakke@cisco.com> on 05-05-2001 00:13:09

    Please respond to Mark Bakke <mbakke@cisco.com>