    Re: Another shot at codes and please comment

    Sandeep,

    I think that we can leave the behaviour for unrecognized vendor-specific
    codes to be also vendor-specific :-)

    Julo

    sandeepj@research.bell-labs.com (Sandeep Joshi) on 01-05-2001 22:07:06

    Please respond to sandeepj@research.bell-labs.com (Sandeep Joshi)

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject:  Another shot at codes and please comment

    Julian,

    I'd prefer this over the alternating opcode assignments.
    (where nop-out was 0 and nop-in was 1)

    Could you also define the behaviour if a vendor-specific
    opcode was not recognized ?

    I presume we always want to drop the session, since these
    opcodes would only be used if the target and initiator
    recognized/negotiated (in a vendor-specific way) their
    use during session initiation.

    -Sandeep