    RE: iSCSI reqmts and Ethernet adapters

    I think this thread needs to end here.  As noted earlier,
    there are a couple of framing mechanism drafts pending
    before TSVWG.  Work on TCP framing applicable to any protocol
    using TCP is in TSVWG's domain, *not* IPS's.  I would suggest
    that further use of list bandwidth to complain about that
    assignment of responsibility is counterproductive - I
    would suggest contacting the Area Directors directly.
    In practice, if TSVWG progresses a suitable framing draft
    in a timely fashion, all the IPS protocols can pick it
    up by reference.  I've shown up in TSVWG in the past to
    help explain why IPS believe this to be important, and
    will continue to do so.

    In addition to directing further complaints about the assignment
    of responsibility for framing to TSVWG and/or the Area Directors,
    I would ask Doug Otis to refrain from commenting on implementations
    with which he's not familiar or assuming that his implementation
    approach is the only feasible/viable one.  Both of these have
    caused unnecessary irritation and problems on the list in the
    recent past, and have contributed to the large volume of recent
    messages.

    Any replies to this message should be sent DIRECTLY to me -
    DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST!

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500