    RE: iSCSI reqmts and Ethernet adapters

    Charles,

    I suspect that I made too great a generalization with respect to networking
    in describing hardware as adapters.  If you feel you efforts are in such a
    niche market as not to warrant the consideration this effort has on other
    networking, then perhaps your application is not of a significant concern.
    You would make a good politician.  I suspect however we would make better
    progress openly discussing this framing issue as it relates to IPS.

    As this was once a hot issue, I don't think it was solved by not doing
    anything in this area.  As you are running high data rates, you will be
    sensitive to packet loss on longer links as will the next.  The need to do
    framing is important.  This need is no less important for your application.
    Having a proprietary solution for a specific application was my concern.  If
    we do not make headway in this area quickly, each solution will be
    proprietary.

    Doug