    Re: iSCSI Target Reset

    "Dillard, David" wrote:

    > When will STORPORT be generally available?  The latest STORPORT document
    > that I found on the MS web site is version 0.6a, dated March 18, 2001.
    > Given this it seems like STORPORT might not be available soon.  In that case
    > do you know what happens with the current drivers?  Are we going to be
    > telling customers that if they want to use iSCSI and NT clustering they have
    > to update to Whistler?

    [One would hope that this list does not turn into a Microsoft
    release/product discussion mailing list (?) ]

    Without going into specifics of A certain O.S., does it suffice to
    require that iSCSI not break existing legacy SCSI applications ?

    If the above is a valid requirement, then, knowing that legacy
    applications continue to use SCSI-2 Reserve/Release and the target reset
    as a mechanism of breaking SCSI-2 reservations, should'nt iSCSI continue
    to support the target reset ?

    - Santosh
    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088