    RE: iSCSI: target discovery issue

    Josh & John,

    Thanks for the hi-level perspective.  I do agree that iSNS
    and/or SLP will do the trick here and that this functionality
    falls into the OA&M domain.

    Four score and seven days ago (..approx!), this thread started due
    to confusion with the following line in the naming and discovery
    draft, which had no equivalent message code defined in the iSCSI
    Async PDU.

    > 1) Section 4.2 last line before Section 4.2.1
    >    "the target MUST send any iSCSI-level async on the canonical
    >    session, to allow the initiator to discover new targets as
    >    they are created.."

    Can the issue be laid to rest by removing this statement ?

    Thanks,
    -Sandeep