    Re: iSCSI Requirements Draft - Informal WG Last Call

    Ordered delivery of commands to ANY TYPE of devices will increase in
    importance as network speeds increase and the need to hide latency
    increases.

    Today databases don't use queuing and rely and trickle the commands to
    devices 1 by 1 to ensure atomicity and order.
    As latency will become the determining factor in performance this is bound
    to change.

    SCSI has done an excellent job in defining the queueing mechanism. We have
    to make it work with good performance in our environment.

    Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com> on 13/04/2001 04:33:45

    Please respond to Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>