    RE: iSCSI Naming: WWUIs, URNs, and namespaces

    Marjorie,

    Although there is nothing within requirements documentation regarding how an
    XML database scheme is used within an iSCSI architecture, there must be some
    relationship either directly or indirectly or it does not belong.  The
    aspect of using this database is unclear, so your views in this area are
    welcome in relating the function you understand this database fulfilling.  I
    simply said there must be some way to find this service with a substratum of
    XML in whatever form it takes.  This service should be comprehensive and
    provide SCSI related items to allow a client, directly or indirectly, the
    means for successful communication using iSCSI.  I did not indicate this
    would be used as a discovery tool, but rather there would need to be such a
    means in place to allow its use.  Centralized data removes the abstraction
    server concept that has been found objectionable.  I was attempting to view
    such data in that light.

    Doug