    RE: iSCSI:flow control, acknowledgement, and a deterministic recovery

    David,

    Ver 5 Page 11:

       "The iSCSI target layer MUST deliver the commands to the SCSI target
       layer in the order specified by CmdSN."

    I am not making an assumption about there being a CmdSN sequence function.
    It is a MUST within the proposal!  Yes, you can bridge holes within CmdSN
    sequence using pointers and that would be expected and I described this as a
    list.  This list still must be sorted between sequential and immediate
    especially when multiple connections are used to determine a next in
    sequence.  You would not want the creation of these lists to be blocking
    until the next in sequence is seen as you seem to imply.  You view this as a
    pointer list, again I agree.  The use of rejection still greatly simplifies
    this process.  You are wrong about the use of CmdSN being limited to just
    the flow control window.

    To not support rejects, you are then relying on the target to handle these
    now out of sequence commands.  In addition, that there be spare overhead
    allotted to handle these undetermined number of "immediate" commands.  You
    will then also not see any immediate acknowledgement of these "immediate"
    commands sent to the target unlike ALL other such commands.

    Can you answer how many "immediate" commands are allowed?  When would you
    expect these "immediate" commands to be acknowledged to allow more such
    commands?

    Doug