    RE: iSCSI: Out Of Sequence due to null sequence with multiple connections.

    David,

    I agree. Just using a flag rather than a zero CmdSN for immediate delivery
    is a substantial improvement and this could be the extent of the change.
    Without the sequencer reject, it does require interlocked target behavior
    thus forcing the SCSI layer and the target to ensure a deterministic
    recovery.  I tend to be conservative on how errors are handled.  To argue
    rarity, ensuring a certain result is helpful following these types of errors
    with the additional benefit of not needing timeouts for hole filling.  The
    downside is there will be a potential list of rejected commands from
    innocent LUNs to retry if the problem is LUN related.  I'll prefer a list
    over a series of timeouts flushing a connection sputter that may result in a
    series of sequence holes.

    A close of a failing connection should also reject commands being held in
    the sequencer with allegiance to the now closed connection.  As in this
    case, reject does not have allegiance but the retry methods should look the
    same.  In other words, nothing is being added to what is already in place
    for a low code impact change category.

    As a side note, if you were attempting an urgent shutdown, you may wish to
    send more than one such immediate command rather than waiting for a response
    from each LUN before sending the next.  As such, flow control and
    acknowledgement for this activity becomes desired.

    Doug