    Re: iSCSI-related conclusions from Orlando interim Meeting

    > - Abort WARNING will be added to the draft.
    > - Immediate Delivery of Aborts and similar task management commands
    >   may have unexpected results when multiple TCP connections are in use
    >   because Abort, Clear Task Set, etc. may bypass command(s) to be
    >   aborted/cleared on other TCP connections.
    > - Ordered Delivery should be used instead when this is a concern.

    Is the above referring to ordered delivery as in CmdSN based ordering or
    the use of the Ordered Task Tag ?

    I see the following issues with this :

    a) CmdSN defines the order of delivery from the iSCSI layer to the SCSI
       ULP at the target.

       Abortion of active tasks will involve the invalidation of the
       SCSI State information [being accessed by either adapter micro-code
       or the FPGA/ASIC] maintained for these tasks.
       This process is kicked off in the iSCSI layer and this abort
       functionality in the iSCSI layer will also need to be subject to the
       ordering constraints of CmdSN. (in addition to the ordering of delivery
       to the SCSI ULP).

    b) A received Task Management command [on, say, connection 'x']
       cannot be performed due to previous CmdSNs not yet
       having arrived. (In the case where another connection 'y' in the
       session is faulty and CmdSNs sent on connection 'y' have'nt arrived).

    c) Ordered Task Tags should not be used with error recovery Task
       Management commands, since this can result in a deadlock of the task
       mgmt command in case the older tasks are'nt completing in the SCSI ULP
       due to some ULP problem. ("An Ordered Task cannot enter the enabled
       state until all older tasks have completed.")

    d) Given that Immediate command delivery (CmdSN of 0) is un-usable for
       task management commands, is there any other application for this
       feature? If not, all references to it can be removed from the draft and
       CmdSN can start from 0.

    Regards,
    Santosh

    --