    Re: iscsi : Fragmentation & Reassembly issues in iSCSI.

    Santosh,

    The intent was to enable lower limits for ping and text.  I would be
    reluctant to use the same limit as in some contexts the PDU limit could be
    practically very large. PDU will be limited at first by 2 factors - the CRC
    and the need to limit loss-of-framing temporary memory.
    If and when the underlying transport will have a good RDMA mechanism and we
    will have a decent CRC-64 or we are using IPsec the PDU limit could be
    extremely large.
    We don't want the same to hold for Ping, Text etc.

    However we would like to have the PDU limit to hold for all as it is mainly
    meant for framing and CRC.

    For all those reasons I suggest limiting the text length also to the lower
    of the two.

    Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com> on 19/01/2001 23:59:49

    Please respond to Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>