    RE: FCIP/iFCP : Guarantee In-Order delivery for FC N/NL_ports

    > If I read you correctly, you are asserting that there is a fundemental
    > problem in the design on the TCP *protocol* which prevents it from taking
    > advantage of a 10G/100ms network. If so what exactly do you see as a
    problem?

    I have been very careful in stating the problem is in implementation.  The
    protocol is fine -- as the more and more I learn about the TCP options.  I
    think more new options such as framing, marking, NCK, SACK, and RDMA can be
    defined and placed in login negotiation to allow the TCP protocol to run
    well in 10G/100ms network.

    > Since we cannot (ips WG) cannot change TCP how should an IPS protocol
    > work around this problem while still being friendly with other protocols?

    I do believe many people in this group do understand the problems.  It new
    options that facilitate the 10G/100ms network are negotiated, we can still
    be friendly with older implementation which does not support the new
    options.  In such case, we just run slow.

    > > If everyone agrees that this group can put iSCSI, iFCP, and FCIP
    together by
    > > assuming the current TCP implementations having all the solutions,
    please
    > > let me know.
    >
    > Conversely, if you feel that this group is designing to the TCP
    > implementations instead of the protocol, please let us know.
    >
    > 	-David

    I did sense that some people in this group were worry about compatibility
    with older implementations and reluctant to discuss or add new TCP options.
    In general, I do believe lots of people are quite up to speed, pun
    unintended.  My statements made in herein previous postings were saying that
    two iSCSI or FCIP adapters of same kind -- with same TCP implementations --
    should be able to run the new options.

    Y.P.