    Re: iSCSI : On the subject of R2T and Task Tags.

    When multiple R2Ts are outstanding, the targets need a tag per R2T to track their
    SCSI State Table Entries for each R2T. While its usage depends on how each
    individual programming model implements this feature, I believe the header should
    provide support to track each R2T using an id that the target can lookup for its
    R2T data buffer pointers.

    Not having this id will cause a more expensive lookup that needs to be based on the
    Buffer Offset that the WRITE Data PDUs will carry.

    Implementations can choose to not use (0xFFFF) or use a single value for the Target
    R2T Tag if they do not need this feature or specify MaxOutstandingR2T as 1.

    - Santosh Rao

    Raghavendra Rao wrote:

    > > The "Target Transfer Tag" that you are referring to is per R2T and not per
    > task.
    > > There is no per-task identifier that can be used by the targets to track the
    > > task. They will either have to :
    >
    > I don't think per R2T target tag makes sense.
    >
    > It would simplify if target maintains one-to-one mapping of target and initiator
    > task tags. So, until the task is terminated, the target should simply post the
    > same target task identifier in every R2T it transmits corresponding to an
    > initiator task tag.
    >
    > -JP

    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088