    RE: iSCSI : On the subject of R2T and Task Tags.

    Matt,

    With independent error checking requiring an additional level of error
    handling requesting repeated reads, there could be old responses combined
    with the retry from failed data digests. (If requesting overlapped reads are
    prohibited, retry is an exception.) Without some means of identifying which
    retry phase data is associated, a complete set would be difficult to
    confirm.  As order of each data portion is not mandated and these transfers
    themselves may overlap, byte counts can not reveal completion.  Should does
    not mean 'must.'

    Doug