    iFCP: Please calm down ...

    Folks,

    Some of the discussion about iFCP has drifted into
    business and marketing concerns.  If you really feel
    that you must share such items, please send them
    directly to Steve Bellovin (smb@research.att.com)
    and myself - the list is for technical discussions
    only.  The input on whether iFCP should be a work
    item is appreciated, but some of it is getting
    repetitive - I would ask people posting on this topic
    to make sure they have something new to add, as opposed
    to a "me too" or a desire to have the last word in
    some discussion.  "me too"s can be sent directly
    to Steve and me rather than consuming list bandwidth,
    and "who has the last word on what" is not among the
    important decision criteria for whether to undertake
    work on iFCP.

    I suspect the time from here to a decision is still
    measured in weeks for a variety of reasons.  I would
    hope that the enthusiasm equal to that shown for
    commenting on iFCP could be applied to working out
    the details of both iSCSI and FCIP on the list and
    at the interim meeting - progress on these protocols
    is necessary for the continued health of the WG.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500