    Re: iSCSI : Unsolicited Inbound Commands for initiators.

    Santosh,

    We did attempt to keep-up the SAM model in which initiators issue commands
    and targets receive them and issue responses. A command is bound to an
    initiator-task-id and there are no unsolicited commands.

    NOP is a "collapse" of a message (something not bound by a task-id) and a
    command/response.

    Logout was meant to enable clean termination.

    The 2 alternative to kick it off are AEN and NOP and we choose AEN.

    Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com> on 07/01/2001 06:44:21

    Please respond to Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>