    RE: iFCP as an IP Storage Work Item

    > I believe iFCP should be an IPS work item for the following
    > technical reasons:
    >
    > 1)  iFCP allows leverage of existing FCP-based driver stacks and
    > preservation of the $$$ and @#$!!% that have been invested in them
    > by vendor companies and their customers.

    I think the argument for preserving software doesn't make strong case in the
    face of a migration to a new mapping/tunneling protocol, new software and new
    administration challenges in spite of the fact that all of this is likely to
    mimic FC and contained in one or two edge routers - Today's FC network is
    difficult to administer and any bridging technology to a different interconnect
    is only going to compound it.

    It would be nice if somebody comes up with a stronger case for connecting an
    iSCSI host to a FC device - Is this attempted for the survival of FC or for
    a speedier deployment of iSCSI ?

    -JP