    RE: iFCP: A couple of iFCP questions

    Hi David;

    See below for comments.

    It's impossible to guarantee that the information returned in response to a
    directory query won't silently become stale -- in spite of state change
    notification.

    Therefore, the requestor must assume that the data returned may be stale by
    the time it is used to establish a session. It's the responsibility of the
    session initiator to confirm that the desired endpoint was reached at
    session creation.

    I'd venture to say that this is true of any directory-driven storage network
    in general.

    <remainder deleted>

    Charles
    Charles Monia