    Interim IPS meeting

    Hello all,

    We  believe that there is need to have an interum IPS meeting.
    We would like to present 3 options to the working group so that we can
    schedule this meeting.

    Option 1: Week of January 15, Orlando, in conjunction with T10
    Tuesday, Jan 16 8-12 -- Joint meeting to discuss transport/framing, common
    issues
    Tuesday, Jan 16 1-5 (or whenever) -- iSCSI,
    Wednesday, Jan 17 8-10 -- iSCSI, if necessary
    Wednesday, Jan 17 10 - 5 (or whenever), -- FC

    Option 2: Week of Jan 22.  Florham Park, NJ, about 30 minutes from Newark
    Airport
    Monday, Jan 22 8-12 -- Joint meeting to discuss transport/framing, common
    issues
    Monday, Jan 22 1-5 (or whenever) -- iSCSI,
    Tuesday, Jan 23 8-10 -- iSCSI, if necessary
    Tuesday, Jan 23 10 - 5 (or whenever), -- FC

    Option 3: Split venue
    Orlando, January 15 & 16
    Monday morning -- Common issues
    Monday afternoon and Tuesday -- iSCSI
    Friday, Feb 9 -- FC at Huntington Beach at T11.

    Holding the meeting (at least the iSCSI part) the week of Jan 15 in Orlando
    with T10 means that the two groups can leverage the experties of one another
    at that meeting.  FC will also benifit from holding the meeting that week,
    in that usually some Fibre Channel people attend T10 as well, but would
    benifit more from holding the meeting during T11 week.  We need to balance
    that benifit with travel problems this might cause attendees.

    For those of you who do not know, T10 is the SCSI standards organization,
    and T11 is the Fibre Channel standards organization.

    I would like to get a feel for what works best for people interested in
    attending these sessions.  If you plan on attending, please reply only to me
    (e.g. do not do a 'reply all'!)
    1) Which option or options work for you, in order of preference
    2) If you plan on attending the joint session, the iSCSI focused meetings
    and/or the FC focused meetings.
    3) If you wish to attend both iSCSI and FC sessions, please indicate if you
    are already planning on being at the T10 and/or T11 meetings as well.

    Thanks,

    Elizabeth