    RE: iFCP

    Hi Vi,

    Lest there be any confusion about iFCP and mFCP, I would
    like to clarify that in these protocols, all next-hop
    forwarding decisions between switching nodes are made on the
    basis of the destination IP address, NOT the D_ID as
    in Fibre Channel switches.  While an iFCP implementation
    MAY have Fibre Channel elements, these are statelessly
    mapped to IP.  But once again, all routing and forwarding
    decisions are made by the switch looking at the destination
    IP address.  This means you need an IP switch, not a
    Fibre Channel switch, to route and forward iFCP through
    a network.

    Josh