    ISCSI: Several topics

    (1) Section 1.2.1 of the iSCSI draft contains the following:

       An iSCSI target MUST support at least one TCP connection.  An iSCSI
       initiator SHOULD support several connections in a session.

    Based on the long-standing WG consensus that multiple-connection
    sessions are optional, that "SHOULD" needs to be replaced
    by a "MAY".  I believe this to be WG consensus, and would ask
    people not to reopen this issue.

    (2) I want to encourage the analysis that Pierre Labat has
    started on errors and recovery.  We need that level of detail
    to make sure all the mechanisms are right and work as intended
    in all circumstances.  Pierre - if you want co-authors, please
    ask for them on the list, and I'd encourage writing this material
    up as an Internet-Draft so we don't lose the effort invested so far.

    (3) Mark Edwards wrote:

    	Can anyone quantify for me the percentage difference that adding the
    URG
    	pointer would make to this sort of throughput ?  I'm not sure, but
    my
    	suspicion about such cards is that URG data does not flow through
    the fast
    	path and would get off-loaded to the software.

    I think it would greatly help reaching consensus on URG for the
    proponents of that mechanism to respond to Mark in technical
    detail, not necessarily focussed on current cards.  An
    Internet-Draft may be more appropriate than a long
    explanation on the mailing list.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500