    Re: iSCSI: Question on StatRN usage

    Mallikarjun,

    StatRN implementation is MUST. Its role is to count statuses (responses)
    that where sent and allow
    bulk acknowledgement. As such I did not feel any need to place restrictions
    and 0 is a legal value.
    As the standard allows 2**32 Initiator Tags you could have 2**32 in flight
    status responses (! obviously I think it will never
    happen).  Obviously if you know that the target has N outstanding commands
    and finished commands and it gets
    from an initiator an ExpStatRN more the N distant from where it is
    something is wrong!

    Julo

    "Mallikarjun C." <cbm@rose.hp.com> on 18/10/2000 03:58:54

    Please respond to cbm@rose.hp.com