    RE: iSCSI Naming and Discovery

    Joshua,

    The LDAP server responsible for publicly accessible drives, as used in your
    example, would also need to be publicly accessible.  The local LDAP server
    within an enterprise environment may point to this external LDAP server or
    the client may employ a domain name using DNS to find the LDAP server.
    Either way, the vital component in allowing a bootstrap operation would be
    this LDAP database.  Symbolic conventions would not meet bootstrapping needs
    nor would changing DNS servers to include SCSI portal information.

    Doug