    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    julian_satran@il.ibm.com@ece.cmu.edu on 10/06/2000 10:14:22 AM

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc:
    Subject:  RE: iSCSI Naming and Discovery

    Well I'll try to be more explicit and answers Rod's note:

    Given that an FC gateway is FCP aware it can issue the relevant queries and
    cache results to
    avoid the query penalty at ever access.  However I think that even this is
    excessive unless somebody
    intends to build virtual control units composed of a multidude of
    controllers beyond a gateway.

    Julo

    "DeKoning, Rod" <rdekonin@lsil.com> on 06/10/2000 17:09:53

    Please respond to "DeKoning, Rod" <rdekonin@lsil.com>